Senior Patent Attorney Job
Date: May 3, 2013
Location: Pawtucket, RI, US
Senior Patent Attorney
Location: RI - Pawtucket
Employment Type: Regular
Hasbro, Inc. (NASDAQ: HAS) is a branded play company providing children and families around the world with a wide-range of immersive entertainment offerings based on the Company's world class brand portfolio. From toys and games, to television programming, motion pictures, digital gaming and a comprehensive licensing program, Hasbro strives to delight its global customers with well-known and beloved brands such as TRANSFORMERS, LITTLEST PET SHOP, NERF, PLAYSKOOL, MY LITTLE PONY, G.I. JOE, MAGIC: THE GATHERING and MONOPOLY. The Company’s Hasbro Studios develops and produces television programming for markets around the world. Programming in the U.S. is distributed on The Hub TV Network, a multi-platform joint venture between Hasbro and Discovery Communications (NASDAQ: DISCA, DISCB, DISCK). Through the Company's deep commitment to corporate social responsibility, including philanthropy, Hasbro is helping to build a safe and sustainable world for future generations and to positively impact the lives of millions of children and families every year. It has been recognized for its efforts by being named one of the “World’s Most Ethical Companies” and is ranked as one of Corporate Responsibility Magazine’s “100 Best Corporate Citizens.” Learn more at www.hasbro.com.
© 2012 Hasbro, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
SENIOR PATENT ATTORNEY
This position will have responsibility for patent issues throughout the corporation worldwide. These duties would include proposed product review for patent infringement/patentability issues, the oversight of patent infringement litigation and the management of all patent prosecution matters.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the general direction of the Senior Vice President, IP & Licensing, you will focus on the following areas:
- Review of all proposed new products for patentability and potential infringement issues and the initiation of patent searches, as appropriate
- Preparing, filing and prosecuting patent applications and/or overseeing such patent prosecutions by outside counsel
- Resolving all potential patent infringement issues identified in proposed products and counseling clients accordingly with respect to product design
- Maintaining a proactive client education program to increase patent awareness and avoid potential infringement issues
- Supervision of three paralegals, as well as an administrative assistant
- Oversight of patent infringement litigation, both offensive and defensive
Education and Experience Requirements:
- BS in Engineering required, Electrical Engineering preferred
- JD required
- Admission to at least one State Bar.
- Mechanical or Electrical Engineering background preferred, but other engineering or physics background also considered
- Candidates should have at least eight years of experience practicing in the area of patent law. Experience with consumer products definitely a plus
- Knowledge of Patent Law
- Patent Drafting skills
- Experience in infringement litigation matters
- Leadership skills, as this position will be responsible for leading the patent function
- External relations skills. This position will consult regularly with outside patent counsel and will be required to meet with clients regarding patent issues.
- Specialized knowledge of the toy, game, and/or entertainment industry preferred
- Must have excellent interpersonal and communication skills
For more information about careers at Hasbro become a fan on Facebook, follow us on Twitter and join our careers group on LinkedIn.
J2W Posting Code: Corporate Business Services
Business Unit: Corporate
Nearest Major Market: Providence
Nearest Secondary Market: Rhode Island
Job Segments: Attorney, Patent, Engineer, Electrical, Social Media, Legal, Engineering, Marketing